Saturday, March 3, 2012

Setup Brother DCP-7065DN printer


http://www.youtube.com/v/4oSCuEtxRK8
After using Brother HL-2140 laser printer for 2 years, the toner run out, The toner is TN-330 and it costs around $54 in future shop. But the printer price was only $70. It only has printing function and non-duplex.

I decided to buy a new laser printer Brother DCP-7065DN, which has copy, scan and duplex copy and printing function. The original price is $199, but now it is only $119 in Staples. Note: there is no USB cable inside. But HL-2140 has one.

The toner is demo version (only 700 pages). You can buy TN-420 standard yield and TN-450 high yield (around 2600 pages) when you replace your toner.

The installation is straight forward. Connect USB cable and wired network cable. Insert CD to install BROTHER MFL-PRO program. For my local desktop, I choose install from USB cable. For my wireless laptop, I choose install from wired network. During installation, do not let the printer sleep or the installation repeats several times and finally fail due to the printer not detected.

After successful installation, when you press scan button and press OK button, you can choose scan to email and scan to file. You can see local PC and laptop name in the list. As I am a Gmail user, I do not want to set default email in my computer which requires outlook setup. So I choose scan to file for my wireless laptop. It works fine. The scanned file is shown in my laptop,

1 comment:

  1. Great post.your method of describing is very interesting.it is a generic brand and less expensive.Its printing quality is very good.thank you

    ReplyDelete