Saturday, September 4, 2010

TightVNC: VVNC-Compatible Free Remote Control Software

TightVNC can be downloaded from Here.


Example: I run my vncserver   ( /usr/bin/vncserver) in my remote linux and get new desktop number :1
In my local Windows, I downloaded TightVNC and run vncviewer
input server name:1, then a nice remote desktop appeared.





Virtual Network Computing (VNC) is a graphical desktop sharing system that uses the RFB protocol to remotely control another computer. It transmits the keyboard and mouse events from one computer to another, relaying the graphical screen updates back in the other direction, over a network.


VNC is platform-independent – a VNC viewer on one operating system may connect to a VNC server on the same or any other operating system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment