Sunday, October 2, 2011

Upgrade Flash Media Server from 2.0 to 4.5


Backup Flash Media Server (FMS) 2.0 as upgrade will remove the old version first. As I already install Apache 2.2, I do not choose install Apache 2.2 during upgrade. I only choose port 1935, but not port 80 for FMS as it is for my web server.

After upgrade, copy application directory  in FMS 2.0 to Flash Media Server 4.5. I have one extra file domainList.asc under directory scriptlib to copy. I also modify conf/_defaultRoot_/_defaultVhost_/Vhost.xml. Copy these two files to FMS 4.5. You do not need to copy these two files. Restart FMS 4.5. (In Windows, go to control panel, then click administration tools, then service and select Flash Media Server)

Server license, port and user administration information can be found in coif/fms.ini. The administration password is stored in conf/fms.ini in FMS 2.0, but not in FMS 4.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment