Friday, September 30, 2011

Network file sharing in Windows 7 using password protection



I have a  laptop  and a desktop, both of them are Windows 7.
I want to share files in these two computers with password protection during sharing.

1. To choose home network and password protection
start->Control panel->Network and Internet->Network and Sharing center
Under "View your active networks" click and choose "Home network"

Under left panel to choose Advanced sharing settings, under home or work:
all select Turn on.  Under HomeGroup connections,
select Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers.

2. Select the file or folder to share

Right click mouse to select properties, select share with everyone

3. View the network file
Under My Computer, click network in left panel, you can select another computer. Click that icon,
enter your  user name and password in that remote computer, you can see the network file to share.

I am able to my file in my laptop to desktop via network file share. It is much fast than using USB
stick to copy twice in two computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment